Saturday, March 22, 2008

on top of the world

I love this feeling! I feel so happy to be alive today and so happy to be at college and so blessed because of everything I have. Although I do have a lot of things to do today (probably more than i can even dream of getting done) I would feel really ungrateful if I didn't take this chance to write out some of my thoughts and reflect on the inspirational words i heard this morning.

I motivated myself to get out of bed this morning and on to campus to hear a guest lecture at 10am. It was put on by the Women's Services and was better than i expected. Sergeant Jill Stevens was there and shared some of her personal experiences of being in the military over in Afghanistan. She was a student at SUU and then was deployed over there on a mission as a nurse. Her passion and love for both what she does AND for the gospel were a real inspiration to me. I tried to hold back the tears multiple times during her presentation. Its hard to say how i felt or why i did, but what i do know is that it made me happy to be alive. I could feel the spirit and I got confirmation that I'm on the right track. I'm grateful for simple examples that we can look towards and for gospel truths that are undeniable. I could only hope that i can be an example like that to people in my life. We all need a little help every now and again. Life is hard, and it Satan does his best to make us feel like we are down and out, but the gospel is always there to bring us back up when we need it most.

I'm also grateful for being at BYU and having opportunities like this. In thinking about graduating and leaving byu in just over a year, i have rededicated myself to getting the most out of my time here. And, as hard as that is to accept sometimes, I'm here to get an education... which means doing the work. and so, I've gotta get back to working on my many projects. But i won't let the pressures of getting good grades get in the way of me getting my education.

Be passionate about something, feel that passion and follow that passion!

No comments: