Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"

I don't know about the rest of you, but Google has pretty much taken over my life. Today's example involves the fact that i was completely unaware that today was the first day of spring until i noticed the change of design on the Google homepage. Its quite sad actually. But for those of you who did not know, TODAY officially starts the spring season! The title of my blog is a quote from Robin Williams, and i agree... LETS PARTY!

Speaking of spring, I woke up this morning, looked at the weather (according to Google of course) and saw that it was supposed to be cold and might snow today. I see this picture, and use it to decide what I'll wear for the day. Today's outfit consisted of a relatively new over sized gray cable knit sweater and jeans. I got a great deal on the sweater a few weeks ago even though it was out of season. The sweater reminds me of something i would wear on a lazy winter day at home- wrapped up in a blanket and reading a good book or having a long deep conversation with a friend. Unfortunately i had to leave my apt this morning at 7:30 and definitely did not get to spend the whole day at home reading. But whats most sad is that i spent the whole first day of spring wishing i was at home in a blanket. That is NOT what spring is all about. Spring is about smelling the fresh blossoms and hearing the birds, sitting outside and soaking in the sun. Spring is about feeling alive! Needless to say, i'm excited for springtime. Maybe i'll have to go shopping again for some new spring clothes! (oh how i love to shop..)

I think i'll end this blog before it turns into another novel. I have more do say (go figure) but it will have to wait until another blog.

Happy Spring Everyone!

No comments: