Wednesday, July 23, 2008

this world is one strange place

I came home from work today at like 7. My roommate was on my computer and I didn't have any homework to do (since tomorrow is a holiday!). So what do I do? I sit in front of the TV of course. Its been a while since I've watched anything on the TV so i flipped through the channels not knowing what to expect. I ended up on Lifetime where a movie had just started. Intrigued, and for lack of anything better to do, I started watching it. Come to find out the movie was called "Glass House: the good mother." It was kinda dark and definitely intense at points but what interested me more what the story line. Its a story of a mother who has Munchausen Syndrome by proxy. Basically its a disorder where the mother intentionally makes her child ill in order to be able to care for the child. Its sad and disturbing to think about all of the different things that go on in the world. Stories of abuse just make me so frustrated with people. On a related note, the mother and father were foster parents and had "gone through" multiple little boys. Its scary to think that a social worker looked over the real problem (fictionally speaking, of course). As a future social worker myself that is a scary thought. I know that i can't be perfect in my job, but i really hope that i am competent enough to avoid situations where more harm is done because of a decision i make. Thinking about things like this make me SOOOO excited for life after this world. I just can't wait! I know that things will work out for all of God's children (which is a really comforting thought) and that heaven will be a much happier place.

Please please everyone be careful and be nice to people. You'd be surprised how many people in the world need friends.

3 comments:

Asenath said...

Is that what that mom in the 6th sense did?

Jess Gonzales said...

that's a weird story, makes for an interesting movie maybe. but you know what, whenever I think of Heaven I get so so excited too! It will be wonderful if we are good and do what's right! :)

morg.johnson said...

I agree Kirstin, it is very important to be nice to others. We do not know what awful things are happening in theirs. I will try harder to be nice to everyone because of your blog.