Sunday, April 6, 2008

absence makes the heart grow fonder

I'm hoping that absence really does make the heart grow fonder, and that you... my loyal 3 readers... have truly missed my blogs. Its been a while since i've written (5 days since my last, and even longer since the one before). The problem is i don't know what to blog about. Well no, thats not exactly true. I tend to compose blogs (emails, conversations, etc) in my head. In that sense, i've written many a blog since my last official post. Since y'all can't read my mind though, i'll try to put something interesting down for your reading pleasure.

I'd like to start with a brag list of fun things that i've done recently/ accomplishments that i'm proud of. We'll go chronologically.

  1. last friday i went with a group of friends (well, one friend and a bunch of her guy friends) up spanish fork canyon to the hot springs. Its always such a great feeling to be outside under the stars and enjoying nature.
  2. i didn't kill anyone coming back from the hot springs. sounds simple, right? wrong! i had to drive (due to a lack of cars) and my car wasn't really up for the trip. first, one of my front headlights was out. dangerous. yes. second, my heater is broken and so the whole ride back home was a little frigid. third, i have a irrational (although maybe it is rational) fear of things going wrong while i drive. things like.... blown tires that cause my car to fly off the road and into a ditch, failing brakes while speeding down a hill, sudden cracks in the windshield resulting in a completely shattered window, the steering stops working and i can't turn, hitting a pedestrian (this is a real fear in provo) and sometimes i fear that the body of my car is just going to fall apart while i am driving. The list goes on and one.
  3. Participating in the Hare Krishna color fest. If you haven't heard about it, just look for the crazy pics on facebook. they are all over.
  4. not giving in and just buying new clothes when i ran out clean clothes to wear (although i must admit i gave in and did that once this round) but instead, doing six loads of laundry at once and then having all new clean clothes.
  5. buying and changing my own front lights on my car. i'm learning so much about auto-mo-b-iles. go me!
  6. finishing my history of creativity project a whole day before it was due! yay for getting things done "early". And i'd like to brag that it looked pretty dang good for never having scrapbooked before in my life
  7. going to the art dash downtown provo. very enjoyable. yay for enjoying cultural events
  8. Jess, amanda and i ate frozen yogurt during the priesthood session. why are all my friends getting married?? sad for me. SO EXCITING for them!
  9. I got to hang out with Amanda and Rooi last night and it was about time! rooi gave me the "official" tour of spanish fork at 9:30 at night. (sorry again amanda for making it take so long and delaying the bathroom stop)
  10. staying awake through all sessions of general conference this time around AND loving every minute of it. All the talk about raising families made me super excited to be able to do that, but i also realized i am far from ready (at least where i'd want to be) my new goal is to become a woman that a future general authority would want to fall in love with. those guys are amazing and so are their wives.

I'm sure there is more that i could say, but 10 sounds like a good nice round number. Maybe sometime soon i will get around to another "deep thoughts of kirsten" type blog. until then... peace out!


oh and ps i need help designing my blog. i want to change the background, and i'm sad to admit that i, the genius, can't figure it out! sad day for all. what is the world coming to.

5 comments:

Jessie said...

Kirsten! I'm so glad that you discovered my blog (and that I discovered yours as well). I read a few of your posts, you have some good stuff on here! Mind if I add you to my links? Well if you do, too bad... haha jk. I miss you!

Cortney said...

changing the background is easy to do but confusing to explain. You can always search for free templates through google, but if you want me to show you then I can walk you through it. Do you have gmail chat?

Elise said...

woo hooo for blogging! I'm glad you're back. I need to put another post up--I too also know that I compose emails and blogs in my head, so don't feel alone. Sometimes I wish I could just plug my brain in and have it empty the composed blog into the computer. If only. :)

Sarah said...

Kirsten! I'm so glad you found my blog! I love yours - you are a great writer. Very funny and interesting to read. I love reading blogs - I feel connected to other people even though I might not every really "communicate" with them. You should post a picture of your project! Good luck with everything else!

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

You totally figured out how to change to background. good job. Yeah! I had fun at the hot springs, the art walk and the color fest! yeah