Sunday, April 20, 2008

I'm waiting for a cake to bake ....

... and what else is there to do except write in my blog. The problem is that i have a lot on my mind right now so there are a few ways this blog could go. 1) it could not go anywhere. my mind could suddenly decide to stop working and i'll be up a stream without a paddle.... forced to abandon the blog. 2) it could get really long and boring and disorganized and not make any sense. I'll try to avoid that for the sake of all my readers (shout out to my 4.45 dedicated readers! you guys rock!) 3) this blog could... by some miracle... be good times for all involved. i'm aiming for that one, but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

With the risk of jumping in above my head, i would like to take a few moments and discuss relationships. These thoughts were a result of dinner conversation that i had with my brother (tyler) and his friend. For those of you who know me, and know of my brother (i doubt many of you actually know him) that last sentence may have surprised you. I actually had dinner with my brother... shocking, i know. He had some stuff to return to me and then shamelessly asked for some "comida." I agreed because lets face it, i never see my brother and this was a good excuse. Chelsea and i set off right away to make dinner and it was YUMMY! (if i do say so myself). So i find out that Tyler is currently in the process of breaking up with his girlfriend. From there, most of the conversation revolved around finding him a new girl. Both tyler and his friend are good looking guys. they are the "cool" type and i've always felt like they are too cool for me. And i know looks aren't everything, but it was really surprising to hear them talk about how none of their relationships work out. Christian even said he got turned down 8 times in a row. i couldn't believe it. I guess this whole dating this is hard for everyone. whoda thunk it? I seriously feel like either one of them could get just about any girl they wanted. But i didn't have any good advice for how to go about getting those girls. All i know is that their current method of honking at girls on the side of the street is NOT a good technique. So we got to talking about setting them up. And I realized that I don't know many single females and the ones i do know "aren't his type." or at least i dont think so. Now this statement really concerned my brother. what did i mean they weren't his type? or more specifically that he wasn't their type?!? I couldn't explain it because i don't really know the answer. I mean, we all have preference, but do we have "types"? if i do..i don't know what it is. anyone know what my type is? Finally we since we were talking about breaking up i got to thinking... is there ever a way to make it go perfect? I mean, is it inevitable that there will be hurt? and why? Even when its the right thing, people still get hurt. emotions suck.

well, the cake is done and i don't have much desire to continue type. actually, i do. but things aren't coming out as i would want and this whole relationship topic but a damper on my mood. So i'm going to give up and go frost the cake instead. Its Party Chip! yum! yay for friends who have birthdays!

3 comments:

Jessie said...

mmmmmmmm the cake was delicious, thanks! And I liked your thoughts... hey we are both single and just about the only single people I know these days, so we have to stick together! It's sometimes disgusting how much love is in the air. If you ever want to vent, come talk to me :)Maybe we can figure out your type!

Sydney Vivian Lambson said...

I would just like to remind you that my birthday is in less than a month and you can be a cake before you go, if you must. I've noticed you like to make lists. very awesome

Asenath said...

my birthday is in october, just so you know. ;)

i think sometimes people are afraid to set their friends up because they don't want them to get mad at them...so "types" become more accentuated.