Monday, April 14, 2008

the sun rejuvenates me

I'm not sure if you all noticed or not, but it was WARM outside today. A much awaited joy after a long and cold winter. Naturally, i spent the whole day inside (insert sad face here). But i throughly enjoyed my walk home.

Although i can't honestly say that its the suns fault that i am happy again, it sure didn't hurt. I do believe in the rejuvenating power of the sun! For those of you who had the blessed opportunity to interact with me last week, you'll know what I'm talking about. My apologies again for being so ornery and cranky and stressed out and basically, not being myself. I hope that version of me is gone, and real me is back in action! Its funny how much you can miss yourself when you lose yourself. I'm glad my minor identity crisis is over.

In other news....I went on a blind date on Saturday night and throughly enjoyed myself. (don't worry, i was feeling better by that point, thankfully, or else it would have been a long night). The highlight, and surprisingly enough, lowlight of the night was playing Speed Scrabble after we finished the bon fire. It was a highlight because I LOVE SPEED SCRABBLE. i had forgotten how much i enjoyed it. It made me miss my old roommates and the fun times we had playing. It was also the lowlight of the date because the people we were playing with were beginners (meaning they'd never played before) and although i'm sure they could progress to being good competition, the whole game was...well... lets just say it lacked the speed aspect. I don't want to come off as vain, but it was a tad boring after a while. That being said, if anyone ever needs a good gift idea for me, i don't have my own scrabble set and i would love one! (hint hint)

my last bit of news probably means nothing to you, but i'm loving it. I'm actually on top of things right now with regards to school work and it feels great! I finished my research project and poster in time for class today (if fact, it was all done on friday... go me!). I recently finished my 15 page paper (due tomorrow). I'm prepared for my presentation tomorrow. And i finished the 25 page/200 take home final that is due... you guessed it... tomorrow! The test took FOREVER (read....foooor-evvvv-errrr). The last three assignments were all for the same class but once my presentation is done tomorrow i'll be done with the class! happy day. Also, the aforementioned research project was my last assignment for that class and i already took that final as well. So... i'm down to just 3 classes to finish! The end is in sight and i wish to give hope to all those college students reading this right now (who are currently procrastinating their homework/paper writing/studying) YOU CAN DO IT!


The Chinese symbol for happiness! (i think) Because i'm happy, and you should be too!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad you are happy again, and I am extrememly happy that you gave something for me to do while procrastinating so I don't feel so bad for doing it.

Anonymous said...

i really means blessed